Sunday, October 28, 2007

Here We Go Again!

Wow! A year since the last posting on here. Well needless to say I've been busy, but no more excuses.

In May of this year we welcomed Ewan Christopher into our, seemingly ever growing family. Once again Ella did a tremendous job, and I just kind of coasted along for the ride. As most of you know that is not that unusual for me. Now the real work begins, no, not the blog writing, but being a full time stay at home Dad. No running of to work to get away from it all. This is it, I'm in the trenches.

I'm doing a disservice to my youngest. He is a lovely boy, and if possible, is even better tempered than his brother. Ella and I had visions of the second child being a nightmare as our first was fairly well behaved and a happy soul.

If I was staying at home with either one of them I would be looking forward to the next 5 and a bit months. But life is a numbers game and I'm clearly outnumbered here. If I was a defence man playing a 2 on 1 against me, I know to play the pass and leave the shot to the goalie. I'm filled with terror that they won't nap at the same time, Ewan will cry, and try as I might he won't stop. Fin will decide he's had enough of being the good older brother and will act up, and suddenly I've got two screaming, crying, hungry boys, who need changing and cuddling and my wife will be home in an hour and I forgot to defrost the chicken from the freezer.

The time I had will Finlay for those months at home I wouldn't exchange for the world. I'm sure the next stint at home will be just as rewarding, and I look forward to sharing some snippets of round 2 with you.

Good night.

No comments: